Fluffly, light + jam-packed with goodness.
A great breakfast-on-the-go, afternoon snack or even perfect for toddler's hungry tummies. The sweetness of the bananas is all you need. No sugar added!
4 medium sized bananas
1/2 cup almond milk
2 free range / organic eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup spelt flour
1 teaspoon baking powder (squeeze some lemon juice to make it fizz)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 punnet fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1. Mash the bananas well with a fork in a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk in the eggs, almond milk, cinnamon and olive oil with the mashed bananas. Add in the teaspoon of baking soda with a couple drops of lemon juice to make it fizz.
3. Add in the almond meal and spelt flour and mix well with a spoon. The mixture should be glossy and not too runny.
If too dry, add a few spoons of almond milk. If too wet, add a few spoons of spelt flour.
4. Fold in half the punnet of blueberries to the muffin mix.
5. Now you can spoon mixture into muffin cases. Finally, top with a sprinkle of chia seeds and top with more fresh blueberries.
6. Bake in the oven 180C for 20 minutes until golden brown. Test with a skewer to see if dry and cooked through. If not, bake for a further 3-4 minutes.