This healthy, wholesome banana cake is SO easy to make. Just a few simple steps and you'll have a healthy banana bread alternative that is great for breakfast, snacks or dessert.
3-4 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
2 free range eggs
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups organic spelt flour (we get ours from Woolworths)
1. Firstly, pre-heat your oven to 180C.
2. Mash your ripe bananas well in a large mixing bowl with a fork.
3. Add in all of your wet ingredients with the banana ; the eggs, honey, vanilla paste and olive oil. Mix well until shiny.
4. Sift through your spelt flour and cinnamon into the bowl. Add in your 1 teaspoon of bicarb soda.
5. With a spatula mix in the spelt flour with the wet ingredients until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Spoon your batter into a cake tin with some baking paper. (You can also use a bread tin if you wish).
7. Top with sliced up banana and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and it bounces back to touch. Take out and cool. Check your cake after 25 mins (everyone's oven is different so 25 minutes could be the perfect amount of time too!)
We love this banana cake with a side of greek yoghurt and honey, or just with a generous portion of almond butter and cinnamon. Now, where is our tea!
#lovekaleandco. Share your recipes with us @kaleandco_