This chocolate mousse tastes so good, it's almost like you're eating the real thing.
Loaded with antioxidants and healthy fats is the perfect alternative to a sugary-processed chocolate mousse. It's also vegan, gluten free and dairy free and takes less than 10 minutes to whip up.
We suggest doubling the recipe so you can have it in your fridge to snack on throughout the week! We like to divide the mix into small containers so we don't over indulge and eat it all. (it's so easy to!)
2 large ripe avocado
2 heaped tablespoons almond butter
4 medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
1/4 cup raw cacao
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
pinch of himalayan salt
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor or powerful blender.
2. Blitz on high until the mix becomes creamy and shiny. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and blend again.
3. Add some more almond milk if you need but make sure it doesn't become too runny. It needs to be velvety and stretchy.
4. Place into containers and put into the fridge to set.
5. Top with dark chocolate shavings or fresh raspberries. We also like to add a sprinkle of golden flaxseed for extra nourishment.
Share your creations with us @kale_and_co_
The ULTIMATE chocolate mousse recipe/
Posted on September 15 2017
Posted on February 16 2018
What’s the problem with eating too much salt? Find out what Nutritionist and Dietician Julie Meek has to say...
Posted on February 14 2018
Whilst love is in the air, we're sharing our delicious 'Raspberry Ripe' Bar recipe. A dreamy mix of coconut, almonds, raspberries + chocolate!
Posted on January 24 2018
To celebrate Australia Day, we're sharing our easy 'Lamington' bliss ball recipe. A dreamy mix of cashews, coconut + chocolate!
Posted on January 09 2018
Kale & Co. Nutritionist Julie Meeks shares her thoughts on 'detoxing' ..