This chocolate mousse tastes so good, it's almost like you're eating the real thing.
Loaded with antioxidants and healthy fats is the perfect alternative to a sugary-processed chocolate mousse. It's also vegan, gluten free and dairy free and takes less than 10 minutes to whip up.
We suggest doubling the recipe so you can have it in your fridge to snack on throughout the week! We like to divide the mix into small containers so we don't over indulge and eat it all. (it's so easy to!)
2 large ripe avocado
2 heaped tablespoons almond butter
4 medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
1/4 cup raw cacao
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
pinch of himalayan salt
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor or powerful blender.
2. Blitz on high until the mix becomes creamy and shiny. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and blend again.
3. Add some more almond milk if you need but make sure it doesn't become too runny. It needs to be velvety and stretchy.
4. Place into containers and put into the fridge to set.
5. Top with dark chocolate shavings or fresh raspberries. We also like to add a sprinkle of golden flaxseed for extra nourishment.
Share your creations with us @kale_and_co_
The ULTIMATE chocolate mousse recipe/
Posted on September 15 2017
Posted on August 28 2018
Loaded with vitamin E, protein, antioxidants and healthy fats this smoothie is a skin-saver and always helps our body to recover if you have ....
Posted on July 05 2018
Did you know that you could be happier and more productive through a healthy gut? Find out how you can grow your own community of ‘good' bacteria by taking in super beneficial pre and probiotics each day - all you need are these simple strategies and tips from our Nutritionist, Julie Meek.
Posted on June 07 2018
Posted on May 01 2018
As a new mum of three, the crazy and the chaos has escalated and I’ve definitely found it hugely difficult to find time to balance my own health and get enough good food and nutrition in my diet. We all know what its like, mum is the absolute last priority in the food chain and often breakfast can be a quick gulp of coffee and a biscuit! Not the best start to a busy day!