To celebrate the first day of Autumn we are sharing our easy vegan carrot cake muffin recipe.
All blitzed up in a blender, you'll be able to whip these dairy free muffins up in a matter of minutes. Made with oat flour and freshly grated carrots, these are healthy enough to munch on for breakfast!
2 and 1/2 cups of rolled oats (gluten free if possible)
2 tablespoons LSA
1 teaspoon baking soda (add some fresh lemon to the soda to activate it)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 and 1/2 cups coconut milk
1/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup raw honey / maple syrup
1 and 1/2 cups grated carrots
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup raisins or cranberries
1 cup of organic COYO yoghurt (vanilla bean flavour)
1. Firstly, pre-heat your oven to 180C.
2. Blitz the oats on high until you get an 'oat flour'. You can use a blender or processor. (We prefer a processor.)
3. Add in the LSA, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and baking soda. Remember to add some fresh lemon to the baking soda to activate it.
4. Blitz for another few seconds until dry ingredients are well mixed.
5. Add in the wet ingredients: coconut milk, almond butter and honey. Mix until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Finally, add in the grated carrot, pecans and raisins. Blend again until well-mixed. Don't over blend as a 'rustic' consistency is still needed.
7. Spoon mix into muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
8. Once baked, cool completely and top with the COYO yoghurt frosting. Drizzle some extra honey and sprinkle crushed pecans on top.
Enjoy. Love Kale & Co.