We're sharing with you one of our favourite chia bowl recipes. Made with oven roasted apples, cinnamon + almond butter this power breakfast (or super snack!) is loaded with healthy fats, carbohydrates and protein; guaranteed to keep you sustained throughout the day. It's super easy to make, and you can even double up the recipe to keep in your fridge for the next few days! ...
250ml almond milk (try make your own nut milk at home!)
4 heaped tablespoons chia seeds
1 mashed banana
1 tablespoon LSA
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon maple syrup / honey
1 red apple
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Firstly, cut your apple up into cubes and slice up your strawberries. Cover with melted coconut oil, a sprinkle of cinnamon and place into your oven at 180C for 20 minutes until softened and well roasted.
2. While the apples are cooking, mash your banana with a fork in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Place your almond milk into a mixing bowl with the banana and place the 4 tablespoons of chia seeds. Quickly mix (with a whisk or fork) until you can see the mixture start to thicken.
4. Add in your LSA, cinnamon and maple syrup and continue to stir through well.
5. Once the apples have cooled down (or you can leave steaming hot if you'd like a warmer chia bowl option), pour your chia mix into your breakfast bowl. Gently place the stewed apples on top of your chia seeds alongside your roasted strawberries. Get creative and add whatever you like as topping. We love using a nutty granola with a dollop of almond butter and some coconut chips.
#lovekaleandco. Share your recipes with us @kaleandco_